Skilled Workers (Express Entry)
Since January 2015, the Government of Canada has used a new system to manage the way people
who own Experience in a skilled work apply for immigration to Canada. This is the Express Entry
Under this new system, most completed applications will be processed within six months or less.
This system is used in the context of:
- Skilled Worker Program (federal),
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class.
Skilled workers are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and
The economy of the country. They are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- proficiency in French or English;
- their level of education;
- their work experience;